Hey! Kill Screen is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful and organized project manager. You’ll be tasked with coordinating with our new and existing accounts and bringing new projects to completion.
So what are we looking for? We want someone who can jump between acting as an internal project manager. You understand our portfolio of offerings and how to apply them to solve client business problems. You are diplomatic and can work internally to ensure smooth delivery. You are an agency driver that works to keep the agency operations moving along.
You'll be working alongside the founder and our content agency team. We're a small company but we've worked with some big clients like Intel, GE, MailChimp, and more. The content agency develops content strategy and development programs for clients to help them unlock the power of play.
And it's worth noting, we're not "gamers" at Kill Screen, although we love games and play! So if you have a stereotype of who belongs at a game company or are worried that you don't play enough, don't worry! There's no Super Mario Kart test. We just want someone who sees the same potential and possibility for games as we do. We're trying to build a diverse, inclusive team!
Pay is by the hour @ $60/hour.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives major account activity to completion, with oversight.
- Capable of writing simple creative briefs and POV’s with supervision.
- Oversees plan development, execution, and follow-up (contributes, where appropriate.)
- Collaborates with Strategic Planning to develop/execute research initiative.
- Able to adequately represent client interests to team.
- Issues change orders, with oversight.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly project status reports.
- Sets up meetings, includes the correct people, and provides accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes.
- Coordinates development of client marketing strategy.
- Knows when and how to escalate potential problems.
- Collaborates with specialists at appropriate times to ensure consensus around project approach
- Documents rigorous scope tracking, and scope creep identification.
- Monitors critical project hand-offs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 1-3 years related experience required with established track record including experience working autonomously.
- We’re small and young, so a must is an ability to be a self-starter and create independence while providing outcomes
- Knowledgeable and passionate about all aspects of Kill Screen and of course, games and play.
- Computer literate with Macintosh Apple systems and other digital marketing systems.
- Candidates must exhibit excellent verbal and written.communication skills, have dynamic interpersonal skills, be comfortable with firm deadlines and juggling multiple moving parts, and must possess the ability to interact across all levels of our organization. Everyone wears a lot of hats.
ABOUT KILL SCREEN
Kill Screen is a media and services company that wants to inspire a life well-played.
We've worked with brands and agencies on content strategy and development to help them unlock the power of play. Our past and present clients include GE, Intel, PBS, MoMA, Warby Parker and more. As a natively editorial company, we're big believers in how story can transform experiences.
Kill Screen publishes a website and a magazine as well as organizes events such as the groundbreaking Arcade at the Museum of Modern Art and Kill Screen Festival, which Mashable called “the TED of videogames.” The New Yorker called Kill Screen "the McSweeney's of interactive media" and TIME said the writing was so "polished that they might help convince doubters that games are worth taking seriously."
Kill Screen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color and people with disabilities.