Hey! Kill Screen is looking for a freelance junior strategist to join our team.
So what are we looking for? We're looking for someone who loves the creativity of virtual and augmented worlds, but also understands how to connect those to the real world. You've been thinking about digital media since it was just a twinkle in DARPA's eye and are passionate about the medium as a writer and thinker. You know how to communicate what a new space is to newbies and can win over even the staunchest detractors.
While one need not be currently living in LA to apply, this job is located in our Los Angeles office.
- Understanding our clients' market & category, audience and competitors
- Supporting the strategy team with research, creation of presentations and other elements of projects
- Producing a variety of documents (articles, sales presentations, guidelines, case studies, design briefs, etc)
- Digesting, summarizing, simplifying and restructuring complex content
- Developing compelling presentations through smart content & data visualization
- Staying up-to-date on relevant category innovations & trends
- Working with the team and input to day-to-day client contact in a professional manner
- Planning and delivering own projects independently under supervision of your line manager
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in the digital communications space
- Must be passionate about quickly-evolving media environment (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Be creatively charged + enthusiastic when working on social projects
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team setting
It's worth noting, we're not "gamers" at Kill Screen, although we love games and play! So if you have a stereotype of who belongs at a game company or are worried that you don't play enough, don't worry! There's no Super Mario Kart test. We just want someone who sees the same potential and possibility for games as we do. Most important to us is building a diverse, inclusive team of people who know what they’re doing.
ABOUT KILL SCREEN
Kill Screen is media company that focuses on play and interactivity.
We've worked with brands and agencies on content strategy and development to help them unlock the power of play. Our past and present clients include GE, Intel, PBS, MoMA, Warby Parker, Tribeca Enterprises and more.
Based in Los Angeles, Kill Screen also publishes a website and a magazine as well as organizes events such as the groundbreaking Arcade at the Museum of Modern Art and Kill Screen Festival, which Mashable called “the TED of videogames.” The New Yorker called Kill Screen "the McSweeney's of interactive media" and TIME said the writing was so "polished that they might help convince doubters that games are worth taking seriously."
Kill Screen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color and people with disabilities.