Would you like to work with Kill Screen? We are looking for some bright-eyed, bushy-tailed help on research.
Kill Screen is a media and creative services company that inspires a life well-played.
We know all things interactive from virtual reality to esports to game development. As a content strategy and development house, our past and present clients include GE, Intel, PBS, MoMA, Warby Parker and more. We've worked with brands and agencies to help them unlock the power of play and we’re big believers in how story can transform the way you speak to your audience.
As an editorial house, Kill Screen publishes a website and a magazine of the same name as well as Versions, our virtual reality culture property. We produce events such as the groundbreaking Arcade at the Museum of Modern Art and the Kill Screen Festival which Mashable called “the TED of videogames.” The New Yorker called us "the McSweeney's of interactive media" and TIME said the writing was so "polished that they might help convince doubters that games are worth taking seriously."
What we're looking for:
This is a position meant to train young researchers on how a day-to-day media and creative services operation works. You'll be researching one of our three big tentpoles -- games/play, esports, and VR/AR. We're much more interested in hiring curious individuals than just "gamers," and even if you do like play, we're just as interested in your interests outside of games than those within them. You'll work alongside and learn from the CEO and our director of agency services.
What you'll learn:
We believe your internship should be an edifying experience. You won't get our coffee, handle our dry-cleaning, or file our expense reports. Instead, interns will work alongside our accomplished full-time editors to learn about and assist with the following:
- Scouring the videogame and cultural landscape daily in search of new ideas
- Producing summaries for senior staff on highlights
- Researching for new business pitches
- Interviews and transcriptions
Kill Screen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color and people with disabilities.
- Internships will last approximately three months and start at the beginning of each quarter.
- This is a paid internship by the hour.
- The office is open from 9-5 in East Hollywood. This internship will be on-site.
- This is not a writing internship. If you're interest is in writing, we'd encourage looking at another opportunity.
- We're looking for a minimum commitment of 8 hours a week.
- We're happy to work with your college to meet credit requirements.